Strep throat is a bacterial infection caused by group A streptococcus. Those bacteria can infect the throat, and what’s more important about that infection is that it can go beyond the throat. Many times, weeks or months later, you can have a problem with heart or damage to the kidneys. Strep throat is a common health problem in children and can also be observed in adults.
Before knowing the strep throat cure, let us know the causes and sym and that’s why it’s so important that we identify strep throat and then treat it properly. It is much important to understand what strep throat is and what makes it different from sore throat. Sore throat is basically a viral or bacterial infection that cures on its own and usually is an indication of cold, while strep throat is more severe and persists for a longer time. The streptococcus bacteria usually have an intense and severe symptom.
How to prevent strep throat
Strep throat can be prevented by practicing good personal hygiene. Proper hand cleaning is the best way to prevent strep throat and many other types of infections. But as with virtually all other problems, no drugs are required to help treat strep throat. In fact, there are rather simple and natural solutions for staving off and treating a case of strep. Unfortunately, the medical establishment can’t have you recognizing these ridiculously simple solutions for the problem, however, as drug sales and subsequent profit would take a nosedive. To avoid pharmaceutical treatment, you must learn how to treat strep throat naturally yourself.
- Drinking of plenty of water keeps a sore throat lubricated and moist eases swallowing. Drinking plenty of water also helps prevent dehydration.
- Some of the most effective remedies for strep throat include usage of Chamomile tea, gargling, herbal remedies like eucalyptus, sage, Echinacea, peppermint jasmine, lavender, thyme and rosemary etc.
- Similarly use of honey and garlic for easing the symptoms of strep throat is also very helpful and they act as antibiotic treatments. But the most vital thing to consider is that home remedies for strep throat must be utilized along with prescribed medications and not alone because in that case the disease would not be properly cured.
- Apple cider vinegar (A.C.V.) is one of the best home remedies for strep throat. You can gargle with it or drink quarter teaspoon of it to cure your strep throat. Apple cider vinegar basically acts as disinfectant and helps to cure strep throat very soon.
- Gargling with salt water is an age-old home remedy for strep throat and other throat infections. Salt kills the bacteria and reduces the swelling caused in the throat. Just add half tablespoon of table salt in a glass of warm water and gargle with this mixture thrice in a day.
- A tea spoon honey with 4 drops of lemon juice and 3 drops of ginger juice can also be effective in order to cure strep. And this mixture should be taken approximately 3 times a day. Ginger has natural anti biotic in it therefore it is very efficient to be used in different ways as strep throat cures. You can use half a slice of ginger in tea or green tea, this, not only, will provide you relive from the disease but also provide you good taste of tea.
- Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat.
- Eat soothing foods. Foods that are easy on a sore throat include broths, soups, applesauce, cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs. You may even want to puree foods in the blender to make them easier to swallow. Very cold foods such as sherbet, frozen yogurt or frozen fruit pops also may be soothing. Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods such as orange juice.
- Strep throat usually goes away in three to seven days. If the symptoms of strep throat do not alleviate after 3 days, you should immediately consult a doctor and get appropriate treatment to avoid further complications. If there is an inflammation in your throat and he will diagnose strep throat within a few time.